- Children and grandchildren of members of the Fraternal Order of Police in Texas.
- For the purpose of undergraduate study at accredited colleges, universities, and vocational training institutes.
- Children of members must be under the age of 25 to receive the initial grant.
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal act.
- Grants to the designated school may be used for room and board, tuition, library fees, textbooks and related instructional materials. 5 (five) new awards will be given annually.
- $1000— Five (5) scholarship awards to children of members. Students must reapply each year through the scholarship fund for awarding of the grants.
- Awards will be received by the applicant after the first semester is completed and the State Lodge receives a transcript.
Deadline for Submission: May 31st
- Minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers/counselors, on letterhead with original signatures.
- Personal recommendation from an adult who is not a relative, with original signature
- Autobiography to include career goals and plans
- Certified high school and/or college transcripts showing GPA of 3.0 or higher
- ACT or SAT scores
- Awards and honors
- Extracurricular activities
- Work history
- All scholarships will be awarded by the Scholarship Committee.
- Awards are not limited by race, color, creed, national origin or sex.
For more information about the FOP Scholarship Program, please visit http://www.texasfop.org/Membership/Scholarships.aspx