The Texas State Lodge provides Accidental Death insurance benefit to all Texas FOP active members at no cost to the member. You'll receive a Total Possible Benefit of $60,000*, which breaks down as follows:
- $15,000 - Accidental Death
- $15,000 - Line of Duty
- $15,000 - Felonious Assault
- $15,000 - Seat Belt
- $15,000 - Air Bag
- $15,000 - Heart and Circulatory
- $15,000 - Common Carrier
*The above benefits can compound. For example, a covered death from a car accident while wearing a seat belt and using an air bag could pay $60,000 for an on-duty officer.
There are also additional accident benefits due to disabling injuries such as loss of limbs, speech, hearing, sight, etc. These include:
- $15,000 - Loss of hands or feet
- $7,500 - Loss of hand or foot
- $7,500 - Reattachment of hand or foot
- $3,750 - Loss of thumb and index finger of same hand
- $7,500 - Loss of speech
- $7,500 - Loss of hearing (both ears)
- $15,000 - Loss of sight (both eyes)
- $7,500 - Loss of sight (one eye)
- $15,000 - Quadriplegia
- $11,250 - Paraplegia
- $7,500 - Hemiplegia
- $3,750 - Uniplegia
The additional benefits above can double if loss occurs in the line of duty.
In addition to the Accidental Death insurance benefit provided by the State Lodge, many local lodges also carry a life insurance benefit at the local level increasing the benefit to the individual member.